Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Kids

As a photographer, everyone always assumes that I have a lot of pictures of my kids. I always get the "you must have a tonne of pictures of your kids!" but in reality, not at all. At least, not as much as I probably should or at least not as much as everyone thinks.

So, yesterday, I decided to take some pictures of my kids. My wonderfully talented friend Shaun Bos, had so graciously lent me one of her lens', once again, and I figured I would go out and have some fun with my kids!

First of all, as every parent knows, sometimes it is difficult to get out of the house. For some reason, Kate decided to make a huge deal out of being asked to put her shoes on.Why going to the park has to lead into whining and crying , I will never understand! I mean, going to the grocery store, or the bank, sure! Because that is not a lot of fun for a 3 year old. But to the park?? Sheesh!

Needless to say, we made it out of the house...all of us in one piece...me and Kate, barely, but we did do it.

Off to the park we go!!

Kate was this baby who would smile and wave at anyone!! I mean those dimples were always showing...didn't matter if she knew you or not. She is also Daddy's girl.

Scott on the other hand, is our serious child. He will stare at you like you just got off a UFO from Mars. You can try as hard as you like, but no way. I am still not sure if even some of my closest friends have seen him smile! He, is a Mommy's boy.

Two completely different kids but, it is true what they say....boys and girls are so different.

This is 'serious' Scott.


Our smiley (not so smiley in this picture) Kate.


This is Scott, hanging onto my leg. The mama's boy.


Kate's favorite place to play...the dirt!


And, yes, Kate is wearing pink cowboy boots. Her favorite shoes to wear!!


Scott is wearing white socks with his black Dawg shoes. I didn't really think that one through. Ha ha!


This is what it looks like from this side of the bridge railing....


And this is what it looks like from the other side of the bridge railing.


And last but not least, my attempt at getting my kids to pose for me on a park bench. Not as much pose as getting them to smile...and to look at me! Stinkers.


Finally, updated pics of my kids! I hope everyone enjoyed looking at them and I hope at least one of them made you smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww awesome picture!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Honey!! I need to come visit again soon ~ Scottie grew up on me!!

twinkle said...

Very cute kids you have Kari