Friday, October 8, 2010

Terry Fox Run

                                                         
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Lisa Worman had contacted me a couple of months back and asked if I would want to be the volunteer photographer for the Terry Fox Run. My response was 'Yes, yes, YES!' Lisa and her husband, Shane, were this years organizers for the event.

It was held at Mission Sports Fields with lots of fun stuff to do. There were hula hoops, free coffee, free bananas and apples, hot dogs by donation, TFR t-shirts, displays, massage therapist and even entertainment! The playground was right there for the kids to play on and even a tent with a map and volunteer to show you the run/walk routes!

What an amazing experience!! I have always participated when I was in school but since then, never really thought about it. Why I am not sure, but now having been a part of that, having two kids and lost a Grandmother to cancer, I will either participate or volunteer from here on out. I will also be recruiting people to participate so, lookout family and friends!!

This little girl was dancing during the warm up.










This gentleman's name is Wally Dennison who is a 30 year participant!!


Anyone that is wearing a red TFR t-shirt is a cancer survivor. This is my favorite picture of the event.
This is (as Lisa Worman says ) the inspirational Michele Leboe.


Here are a couple of cuties!!



There were so many dogs there!!


This is Pam from All Activity Massage who donated her time and expertise for the day. I am sure there were alot of people thankful that she was there!!





The beautiful Lisa Worman!!

I am not sure if you can see it or not, but she does have tears in her eyes. They had just found out that approximately $60,000 was raised. The final total was over $70,000!!!


Thank you Lisa and Shane for putting on such a fantastic event. Thanks also for thinking of me for the photography, it was my pleasure and honor!

No comments: