Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jamie and Dan

Jamie and I have known each other for a really, really long time. I think she was 5 and I was 9??? See...we have known each other for so long I actually have no idea how old we were when we first met!! How about I tell you the things I know for sure. That might make this more interesting.
My dad and Jamie's mom (Colleen) became friends at work. In fact, my dad told my mom that her and Colleen would get along really well...and boy have they!! Colleen was a single parent at the time and ended up moving close to us. Colleen would pick my dad up on their way to work and drop Jamie off, so she could catch the bus with us. We, with my older brother Craig, would all walk to the bus stop together and then Jamie would hang out with us after school until her mom dropped my dad off. On weekends, we all did things together....boating in the summer and snowmobiling, sledding in the winter and plain old just hanging out any other time. Oh!! I had forgotten to mention that Jamie's step dad, Craig, was school friends with my mom and dad and that is how Craig and Colleen ended up meeting. Sweet story all around, don't you think??
Jamie and I ended moving away from each other, me in Winfield and her in Westbank, along with our ages (teenagers!) friends, activities and all around busy lives. We would still see each other the odd time and of course our mom's would keep us updated on what each other was doing.
I don't recall the first time I met Dan, but I do remember liking him immediately! I do believe Dan and my relationship was in little bits and pieces, I mean we just sorta saw each other in short little bits. Until.....the planning of their wedding. Dan and I have probably spent the most time together since all of the planning began! When Jamie was in Arizona, Dan and I ended up chatting on the phone for quite awhile one night. He was so involved and I loved that!!
Dan did not need anymore reasons for me to like him, but he found another one! His patience.....and more importantly, his patience with Jamie. I had been helping Jamie, one evening, with decorating their styrofoam wedding cake. Well....let's just say we were struggling (there was red wine involved) and Dan stepped in and saved the day!! Along with alot of patience on his part. Thanks Dan, you make me appreciate my husband alot more. ( I did learn that night that Jamie and I are alot more alike than I ever knew!!)
A couple of years aback I was trying to explain my relationship with Jamie, to a friend. She is more than a friend, but not blood related, sister seemed just weird, so I came up with 'pseudo sister'. We have battled together, against each other and definitely loved one another like sisters. So that is what we are. Pseudo Sisters! (Funny name, I know, but I do think it suits us perfectly!)

Finally a look at the pictures!!




One of my favs!!!





Totally candid....


Beautiful ladies!!


Hansome men!!


Thanks so much for allowing me to be a part of your day!
I love you and wish you all the best in all the years to come.

No comments: